For all of that, what he is, at his core, is a victim — at least in his own mind.
The media, his staff, former business partners, his Cabinet and, well, almost anyone else not wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, 24/7 are out to get him in some way, shape or form. He is always having to deal with their biases, their mistakes, their flaws.
We all see ourselves at the center of our own universe, to some extent. But Trump sees himself that way to an absolute extreme. And, it’s not just that he views himself at the center of the universe — it’s that he believes the universe is out to get him and that he is deserving of pity and sympathy from everyone.
Consider just a few lines:
* “(Members of the media) don’t report the facts Just like they don’t want to report that I spoke out forcefully against hatred, bigotry and violence and strongly condemned the neo-Nazis, the White Supremacists, and the KKK.”
* “I’m really doing this more than anything else, because you know where my heart is, OK?”
* ” I always hear about the elite. You know, the elite. They’re elite? I went to better schools than they did. I was a better student than they were. I live in a bigger, more beautiful apartment, and I live in the White House, too, which is really great.”
* “How about — how about all week they’re talking about the massive crowds that are going to be outside. Where are they? Well, it’s hot out. It is hot. I think it’s too warm.”
* “You wonder why CNN is doing relatively poorly in the ratings. Because they’re putting like seven people all negative on Trump.”
click here to read more